Zone Smelling Salts
Zone Bear Down Steel- Black Bear
Activation Method: Pre-activated and ready to use!
Intensity Level: Advanced.
Features: In collaboration with Travis "Papa Bear" Rogers, we created Bear Down Steel collection. Black Bear has a formula that is a slightly more potent than the BDS Original. As mentioned, Bear Down Steel is a hard hitting and highly advanced smelling salt that is not for beginners. Proceeds of sales support the Papa Bear Strong Foundation.
- Twist the lid to open, DO NOT PULL or TWIST THE CLIP.
- Make sure the seal is intact at the top of the lid. (Loose or cracked seals will cause the bottle to leak and kill the bottle quickly).
- Make sure the lid is on TIGHT after each use.
- Shake before each use and hit the bottom of the bottle (to get everything at the bottom of the bottle).
- You do not have to completely remove the lid. (Cracking the top can hit just as strong).
- For the biggest hit: Wait 5-10 seconds after shaking to crack the bottle.
- Always remember to keep the bottle a full arm's length away from your face!!!
What are smelling salts?
Ammonia Smelling salts for weight lifting have been used for decades in boxing, lifting, and other professional sports.
Smelling Salts are safe and effective if used properly. Smelling salts deliver a high potency of ammonia gas, opening the blood vessels and creating a rush of oxygen to the brain which creates an instance sense of clarity and focus.
Zone Smelling Salts come in a powder form (ammonium carbonate ((NH4)2CO3H2O)). When water is introduced with the ammonium carbonate, ammonia gas is released.
Look at our activation method above to determine if you need to activate your salts, or if it is already done for you.
Give Zone Smelling Salts a try and hit your next PR.
Users of Zone Smelling Salts must also be aware of the following:
• Understand the risks involved with smelling salts.
• Do not abuse or misuse smelling salts.
• Keep smelling salts away from children.
• Avoid contact with eyes, mouth or open wounds.
• Start at a full arm’s length away.
• Do not use if allergic or pregnant.
• Consult a physician before use.
• Use with caution and only as directed.
• Do not use in conjunction with alcohol consumption
Shelf Life: Around 6 months. Once initially opened the lifespan of smelling salts can last anywhere from 1-6 months depending how many times they get used/opened.
The more often fresh oxygen is reintroduced into the bottle the faster it’ll dry out and lose potency.*
KEEP OUT OF PROLONGED OR EXTREME HEAT AND COLD!
Make sure to give the bottle a tap and shake before each use, this will allow the ammonia gas to rise to the top, giving you a clean and potent hit.
This smelling salt takes you to another level! You’ll be eating iron like its dinner! No fear, no worries, PR’s will be easy peasy!
Felt like my nose was gonna bleed and my brain turned to mush lol
BDS black bear was my first purchase of a preactivated ammonia and I still love it to this day. At well over a year old it still kicks hard and helps you focus on the task at hand. Whether its heavy deadlifts or refocusing on that work email, a quick sniff and you're ready to go. Would highly recommend to anyone.
I am doing my first strongman competition in less than a month and wanted some thing that I saw Evan Singleton using. Zone is a step above an intensity of anything I’ve used before. After pulling a record dead lift today I still wanted to head butt something.